Did you know that you can lose 60 percent of your home’s energy efficiency through your ductwork? Ductwork is one of the most important parts of your HVAC system. If your ducts are not functioning properly, then you are losing money and energy fast. Take some time to work with a HVAC contractor to address the following problems to improve your duct efficiency and save money this spring and summer.
- Seal leaks. Leaks are the number one nemesis of duct efficiency. If you have leaks, then the air in your ducts is not reaching the rooms of your house. Have your HVAC contractor seal the leaks with mastic and foil tape for maximum sealing. Check for leaks where the ductwork attaches to the walls of your house as well.
- Remove blocks. Anything blocking air flow through your ducts can also cause problems with the efficiency of your HVAC system. Remove anything blocking your vents, such as furniture, for maximum efficiency.
- Inspect supply and return balance. Your home may have poor ductwork design or another ductwork issue that is negatively impacting your HVAC performance. Have your contractor check the return and supply balance for maximum efficiency.
- Repair tangles and kinks. Tangles and kinks in your ductwork can lead to efficiency problems. Repair or replace the broken sections to prevent energy loss.
- Insulate the ducts. Add additional insulation, if necessary, to your ductwork. Your HVAC contractor can determine if additional insulation is necessary and where to place it for maximum efficiency.
If you would like to learn more about improving the efficiency of your ductwork and preventing energy loss in your Northwest Arkansas home, contact the experts at Paschal Heat, Air & Geothermal. We supply all of Northwest Arkansas with expert HVAC service and can help you with whatever issue you are currently facing.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about optimizing ductwork efficiency and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Paschal Heating, Air & Geothermal services Northwest Arkansas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!