We are taking the following precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. All of our technicians have masks, glasses, latex gloves and shoe booties if they have to enter your home. Our technicians also have hand sanitizer and disinfectants that they use after every call.
If we are there to do maintenance and we don’t have to come inside your home to get to the equipment, we are asking homeowners to adjust the thermostat for us so we can do the system maintenance without entering the home. We will not be shaking hands and will keep our distance from customers.
6. Limit Oven and Dryer Use: Appliances that produce heat raise your home temperature. Use an outside grill or stove more often and dry clothes in the evening to improve cooling efficiency in your home.
7. Use Drapes: Closing the drapes on windows that are letting in heat can help keep your home cooler.
8. Dehumidifier: Using a dehumidifier can help your home feel more comfortable because dehumidifiers work to reduce humidity. They work best at 70 degrees or higher.
9. Thermostat Check: Be sure your thermostat is working properly. First, make sure you know how to program your thermostat. Also, consider installing a smart thermostat, as you can keep track of your home’s temperature while you’re away.
10. HVAC Check-up: At least once a year, have your air conditioner inspected by an HVAC professional.
Your air conditioning expert can also suggest other ways to increase your HVAC efficiency. Using these 10 tips will ensure that your A/C system will keep your home cool and comfortable. For help in keeping your air conditioner in prime shape, contact the professionals at Paschal Heat, Air & Geothermal. We’ve been serving the area for over 45 years, and we specialize in high-efficiency air conditioning.