1.WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED WHEN YOU OPT IN FOR A SERVICE
We may collect several types of information about you in connection with the Services.
Information You Provide to Us. There are a number of circumstances in which you supply us with personal information in connection with the Services, which include:
- Contact data, such as your personal or business contact information such as your name, e-mail address, street address and phone number.
- Registration data, such as information you provide when you register for any of our Services or when you register for events.
- Marketing data, such as information related to your preferences for receiving communications, subscribing to our publications, newsletters and other content, completing surveys, participating in market research, and entering a contest, sweepstakes, or game relating to the Services.
- Communications, such as information you provide when you send us an email, pitch, submit content or post a comment, request for information, or otherwise correspond with us.
- Demographic information, such as your city, state, country of residence, postal code, gender and age.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, your photograph, interests, social medial account ID and preferences.
- Content you choose to upload to the Services, such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
Information We Automatically Collect About Your Use of the Services. We, our service providers, and our business providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity occurring on or through our websites, such as:
- Device information: We may collect device identifiers and settings such as your computer or mobile device model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, browser type, language, and settings, and device type and settings.
- Usage information: We may collect information about the Services you use, the time, date, and duration of your use of the Services, your interaction with content offered through the Services, site engagement, search terms used, our referring website, browsing and search history, site and advertisement interactions, and software crash reports. We also collect information stored using cookies, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technologies set on your device. Our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of the Services. We may collect such usage information at the individual or aggregate level.
- Location information: We collect and store your device’s source IP address, which may disclose the general location of your device at the time you access the Services and precise location derived from GPS-enabled services. Advertisements and certain content may be directed to you based on this data.
Information from Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties and combine it with information we receive from or about you. For example:
- Information from social media websites: When you interact with any Company Owned page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or LinkedIn, or otherwise connect your account on the third-party platform or network to your account through our sites, we may collect the personal information available from that page or platform or that you make available to us on that page or account, including your social media account ID, username, user ID, profile picture, cover photo, and networks to which you belong, friends and connections and contact information.
- Information from publicly or commercially available sources: We may collect certain information about you the third parties, including business partners (such as advertising and joint marketing partners) data providers (such as information services and data licensors) and public sources (such as blogs, forums or social media platforms).
Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your experience in using the Services.
2.HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Providing the Services. We use your information to process your subscription, send you electronic newsletters, post content you submit, enable your participation in the Services, and improve the Services. We may also use your information to establish and maintain the Services, provide support, facilitate social features, enable and support security and fraud prevention features, communicate with you about the Services, and provide information about our Services. To enable us to provide these Services, we may use the information we collect to identify you across sessions, browsers, and/or devices.
Providing Customer Support Services. We may use your information in order to provide customer support to you, including without limitation any information you provide to us when you contact us by email or any other medium.
Contacting and Communicating with You about our Services. We may contact or communicate with you (by email, phone, or other medium) concerning: editorial newsletters and content; invitations to events; offers or announcements about our products or features; offers or announcements about our third party partners’ products or services; communications about your comments or information submissions; online surveys; and legal notices, policy updates, and other important information about the Services. All editorial and commercial email messages include instructions for unsubscribing from such future communications. We also provide personalized content and suggestions to you, including by email, based on your interest and preferences.
Content and Advertising Analytics. We may use your information to help us better understand your use of, and our delivery of, the Services, including content selection, delivery, and reporting; and advertising selection, targeting, delivery, and reporting.
Auditing and Tracking Our Delivery of Advertising. We may use your information to measure and report on the delivery of advertisements, including without limitation counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
Facilitating Social Media Engagement. We may use your information, including information provided to us by social media platforms, to enable you to interact with any Company Owned page or account on a social media platform. We may use your information to help us determine which content or advertising to deliver to you on those social media platforms.
Learning about Our Users and Services. We conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior, including performing statistical analysis of our users and their use of the Services. We do this to optimize and improve the Services, our products, and our operations. We may use the information from one aspect of the Services for other aspects of Services. Additionally, data collected from a particular computer, browser or device may be used with another computer, browser or device that is linked to the computer, browser or device on which such data was collected.
Research, Development, and Improving the Quality of our Services. We analyze use of the Services to analyze and improve the Services and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Services.
Debugging. We may use your information to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
To Aggregate Data or Create Anonymous Data. We may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data records from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Information Security. We may use your information to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity.
Compliance with Law. We may use your personal information as required by law or if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law or legal process.
3.HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
As described below, our information-sharing practices vary based on the type of information and the type of recipient.
Third-Party Service Providers. Third party agents and vendors perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, hosting, content syndication, content management tools, social media integration, marketing, analytics, billing and customer service. These entities may have access to personal information if needed to perform their functions. If such access is required, the third parties will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personal information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to Paschal Heating and Air Conditioning Co., Inc..
Third Party Event Partners or Underwriters. When you register for or attend one of our live events, we may share the information you provide at registration with our event partners or underwriters. These third parties may use your information to provide you with information about their own products and services. If you do not want your information used for these purposes, you can opt-out of such use by e-mailing us at email@example.com, or calling or writing us at the contact information provided below.
Social Media Services. If you log into the Services with a social media service or if you connect a social media account with the Services, we may share information about you or your activities on that social media service, including what you view on our websites and applications, with that social media service and/or its users. Social media services will use that information based on their own privacy policies. If you do not want your information shared in this way, do not connect your social media service account with our Services.
Law Enforcement, Legal Process, and Emergency Situations. In some cases, we may use or disclose your personal information to a third party if we are required to do so by law or if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law or legal process; to protect and defend our rights or to prevent misuse of our Services; or to protect the personal safety of our employees, agents, partners, the users of the Services, or the public.
Professional Advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For Compliance, Fraud Prevention and Safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes.
What are Beacons? Web beacons (also called “web tags” or “pixels”) are tiny graphics or scripts that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online or mobile content, videos, advertisements, or emails. They allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, such as when you viewed the beacon (and thus the content in which it is embedded) and the IP address of the device on which you viewed the beacon. We and third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
What are SDKs? SDKs are third-party computer code that we may incorporate into our mobile applications that may be used for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our mobile applications, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to facilitate online advertising.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The Services may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties, and other websites, mobile applications, and online services operated by third parties may contain links to our Services. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions of their privacy policies. Other websites, mobile applications and Services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
Advertisers may use persistent identifiers, however, to track your internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond our Services. Though we restrict any attempts to re-identify this information, Advertisers may nonetheless be able to do so by combining information they collect about you when you use the Services with information about you obtained from other sources.
In general, the information collected and generated by third parties is processed and stored by the third parties and will be subject to their respective privacy policies (which we do not control and for which we are not responsible). We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or the information they may collect.
There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected by third parties, which we have summarized below. We hope you find this information to be a helpful reference. Please note that using these tools to opt out of tracking and targeting does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will exclude you, however, from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks and platforms, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms.
Blocking Cookies in Your Browser. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but also usually allow you to modify your settings to disable or reject cookies, including cookies for interest-based advertising. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, however, some features of the Services may not work or may not work as designed. You can usually find these settings in the Options or Preferences menu of your browser; links to instructions provided by several of the most common browsers are below. You can also learn more at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
Advertising Industry Opt Out Tools. Many of the third party advertisers that use tracking or targeting tools in connection with our Services either directly, or are members of programs that, offer you additional choices regarding the collection and use of your information. You can learn more about the options available to limit these participating third parties’ collection and use of your information by visiting their websites:
- Opt Out of Interest Based Advertising (National Advertising Initiative)
- Your Ad Choices (Digital Advertising Alliance)
- Your Online Choices (European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance)
- Users of our mobile apps may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting the user’s choices.
Platform Opt Out Tools. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising.
Mobile App Tracking Opt Out Tools. You can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings for Apple, Android or Windows devices, see:
Using Privacy Plug-ins or Browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.