heating and AC, plumbing & electric
heating and AC, plumbing & electric

We are taking the following precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. All of our technicians have masks, glasses, latex gloves and shoe booties if they have to enter your home. Our technicians also have hand sanitizer and disinfectants that they use after every call.

If we are there to do maintenance and we don’t have to come inside your home to get to the equipment, we are asking homeowners to adjust the thermostat for us so we can do the system maintenance without entering the home. We will not be shaking hands and will keep our distance from customers.

heating and AC, plumbing & electric 479.751.0195
December 12, 2018

5 Common Electrical Mistakes to Avoid this Winter Season | PaschalCorp

If you are like most NWA homeowners who enjoy decorating their homes for the holiday season, Christmas lights are a must! To keep your home and family safe, here are 5 common electrical mistakes to avoid. 

1. One Outlet – Too Many Devices

During the holiday season, it becomes more likely to accidentally overuse a power outlet or power strip. If you do have the need to plug in a few strands of Christmas lights into an electrical outlet, be sure to use a surge protector. Connecting several high energy-using devices to a single outlet can surge the outlet.

2. Real Christmas Tree = Fire Hazard

If you and your family enjoy getting a real Christmas tree during the holiday season, remember real Christmas trees can become very dry quickly and lead to a fire. Keeping the Christmas tree watered and setting the lights on a timer can help to avoid any fires.

 3. Turning Up a Thermostat Too High To Heat a Cold House Quickly

When coming home to a cold house, it can be very tempting to turn the heater up into the 80s to try to heat up your home faster. Thermostats, unfortunately, don’t work like that and you can save a good amount of money and avoid overworking your heater by turning up the thermostat at a much slower rate. 

4. Use Extension Cords Appropriately

Keep extension cords away from high traffic areas where they could potentially be stepped on or damaged. This could cause a fire or shock hazard very easily if the extension cord has exposed wires that you are unable to see due to a rug or a piece of furniture. 

5. Space Heaters

Remember to keep space heaters in your home three feet away from combustible liquids, such as fuel, spray cans, and paint. This also applies to any flammable items such as draperies, blankets, and sofas.

As long as you do what you can to avoid these five common electric mistakes, you’ll reduce both your energy bill and chances of having a fire in your home. Should you find yourself in need of electrical servicing or repairs, give our team at Paschal Air, Plumbing & Electric a call today! This way, you can have everything up and running in time for the holidays and beyond.

 
Attachments area