Did you know that carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly dangerous chemical, produced by the incomplete combustion of natural gas or other carbon-containing products? And those dangerous carbon-monoxide levels can be caused by a variety of items in your home. That’s why residents of northwest Arkansas should have their homes equipped with properly operating carbon monoxide detectors.
Carbon monoxide, which is an odorless, colorless gas that has the potential to be lethal, can be created by the following appliances:
Installing and maintaining carbon monoxide detectors in your home can assure you and your loved ones that you’ll receive early warning if this poisonous gas should accumulate. In addition to installing detectors, you and your family should be aware of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are some valuable tips:
Carbon monoxide detectors in your home can protect your family. Proper placement is very important, along with regular inspection and maintenance of your home’s appliances.
The experts at Paschal Heat, Air & Geothermal will be happy to help you determine the best locations for carbon monoxide detectors and inspect your home to prevent possible carbon monoxide leaks.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Northwest Arkansas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about carbon monoxide detectors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock