Programmable thermostats are a modest, yet potent energy-saving investment that enables you to program your preferred target temperatures around the clock. This provides home comfort to fit your lifestyle while substantially reducing heating and cooling costs.
There are many different programmable thermostats available with a plethora of features. The first step is to match a compatible thermostat to your home-comfort systems. These include heating, cooling, and other systems you may have, such as a whole-house humidifier, dehumidifier, zoning and ventilation system. These days, “smart thermostats” engage all of your systems, creating a home-comfort network. You control program settings for temperature, humidity, zones and ventilation from a central thermostat.
If there’s a change in your schedule or the weather, you can access your smart thermostat using a smartphone app or access secure software management tools online.
These are more of available features:
- Receive system alerts via display panel, text messages and email.
- Alerts include filter change, battery change and system malfunctions, such as ice buildup, overheating and power outage.
- Program a different schedule for each day of the week with four or more event settings.
- Large interactive touch screen with intuitive menu for easy programming and system status.
- Smart thermostats learn how to most efficiently reach target settings from one event setting to the next.
- Tamper-proof display allows you to lock settings.
- Manually change the current temperature at the touch of a hold button. System resumes normal schedule at next event.
Comfort + savings
The following sample program demonstrates how carefree saving energy can be with a smart thermostat. It lists approximate time of day, degrees to adjust up or down from your normal comfort temperature and the approximate length of time to hold that temperature. According to Energy Savers, this sample program would save about 20 to 24 percent heating and cooling costs.
- Overnight: 8 degrees for 8 hours
- Morning: 4 degrees for 2 hours
- Workdays: 10 degrees for 10 hours
- Evenings: normal comfort temperature for 4 hours
Contact Paschal Heat, Air & Geothermal for more information about smart thermostats. We provide residents in the northwest Arkansas region with top service and care — and we have for more than 40 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about programmable thermostats and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Paschal Heating, Air & Geothermal services Northwest Arkansas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!
Thermostat image via Shutterstock