COVID-19 has completely changed our day-to-day lives. (Understatement of the year, right?) In addition to finally figuring out how to unmute ourselves on Zoom and perfecting our banana bread recipes, we’ve been cleaning. A lot.
There’s nothing like a global pandemic to get people thinking about the quality of air we’re breathing.
According to the EPA, however, the levels of indoor air pollutants are often 2 to 5 times higher than outdoor levels, and in some cases these levels can exceed 100 times that of outdoor levels of the same pollutants. In other words, sometimes the air inside can be more harmful than the air outside.
Multiple products on the market claim to help your air quality, but the more popular ones have serious drawbacks. No matter what you’ve heard, no HVAC filter can remove every speck of pet dander and pollen. And while individual air purifiers for every room in your house might do a better job than filters, they’re expensive and bulky. So, how about a more effective, more efficient solution? Enter the REME HALO.
What’s a REME HALO?
The REME HALO is a whole-home air purification system that attaches to your existing HVAC unit. Using Reflective Electro Magnetic Energy (REME) technology, it produces hydrogen peroxide plasma—which cleans the air and virtually eliminates the pollutants in your home. So fancy.
It might sound futuristic—and it certainly is in a lot of respects. But it’s actually based on an age-old process that occurs in nature. The REME HALO replicates the outdoors’ natural process of purifying the air.
Let’s get science-y, shall we? When electricity combines with hydrogen and oxygen molecules in our air, the negative charge of the electricity activates those molecules. This activation “cleans” the atmosphere. That’s why wide-open spaces smell so good, clean, and natural without any air freshener!
Have you ever been in an indoor space where the longer you stayed, the worse you felt? You always left congested, sneezy, or just some indescribable feeling of yucky? That’s sick building syndrome. And the REME HALO can help get rid of it!
Places like hospitals and food processing plants all use some version of this technology to make their spaces safer and cleaner for staff and consumers. But is it right for your home? Let’s do a comparison.
How does the REME HALO compare to my current purifier?
Comparing a traditional air purification system to the REME HALO is a little like comparing your 8th grade gym teacher to LeBron James. No disrespect of course, but there really is no comparison.
- Traditional systems are passive. Regular HVAC filters don’t deal with pollutants unless they happen to stop by. With the REME HALO, the pollutants are actively targeted by the oxidation process, eliminating a good portion of them before they even reach the filter.
- The REME HALO is truly a whole-home solution. Since it attaches to your current HVAC unit, the benefits flow through your entire duct system. Your whole home gets the purifying benefits instead of just one room.
- The REME HALO is 99% effective in eliminating three types of pollutants: particulates, microbials, and gases. That means dander, dust, pollen, viruses, bacteria, mold, and nasty trash can and dirty laundry smells are no match for the ionized hydrogen peroxide plasma created and distributed by the REME HALO.
- Unlike most air purifiers, the REME HALO is silent… and deadly to all the junk we ought not be breathing.
- The REME HALO is user-friendly. It easily integrates into your current HVAC system, and it’s relatively simple to perform preventive maintenance without special tools or calling the pros. (This is, of course, after the initial installation by our NWA and SW Missouri HVAC professionals.)
- While traditional air purification options are less expensive in the short-term, the REME HALO may save you money in the long-run. By reducing wear on your HVAC system, you’ll have less maintenance and fewer repairs. Plus, with truly purified air keeping you and your family healthier, you’ll reduce doctor’s visits and those pesky co-pays!
- The REME HALO is far more effective than traditional options when it comes to removing specific pollutants from the air that may be exacerbating allergies, asthma, and respiratory illnesses. Without these irritants, you and your family can breathe easier!
What are REME HALO’s drawbacks?
No air purification solution is 100% effective. And while many hospitals use REME HALO systems, we can’t guarantee protection against illnesses (including COVID-19). Also, like any home upgrades, the initial cost of purchasing and installing the unit is nothing to sneeze at. Ahem.
The REME HALO also produces a small amount of ozone and releases it into your home and the surrounding atmosphere (as do all ionized air purifying systems). The amount of ozone is deemed safe by U.S. health officials, but it’s something to consider!
We’re your Northwest Arkansas & Southwest Missouri REME HALO experts.
We can help you decide if a REME HALO air purification system is right for you—and, if it is, we’re happy to manage the details, from installation through maintenance. Or, if you have questions about other Indoor Air Quality systems, let us know! Paschal is always on the cutting-edge of the latest solutions for home health and comfort. Give us a call today!