Winter heating might not be on your mind just yet, but that chilly northwest Arkansas winter weather is just around the corner. That’s why now is a good time to schedule your furnace tuneup, before the winter rush for HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) service begins.
Regular maintenance is important, so don’t be one of those homeowners who lets it fall between the cracks. Taking good care of your HVAC system will keep your home safe and comfortable year-round. Good maintenance also saves you money, by ensuring your equipment is running optimally, which conserves energy and lowers your utility bills. Furthermore, a regular inspection by your HVAC contractor ensures that you and your contractor address small issues before they become large, and potentially costly, problems, and extends the life of your equipment.
A professional furnace tuneup will include the following preventive maintenance tasks:
- Your thermostat will be checked to make sure it is set and calibrated properly.
- Your system’s filters will be inspected and cleaned or changes as necessary.
- All electrical connections will be inspected to ensure they are tight and in good condition.
- The blower motor and all other moving parts will be inspected for wear or damage and lubricated as needed.
- Your furnace will be tested to ensure that it is starting properly and cycling efficiently.
- Gas connections will be inspected to check for leaks, pressure will be tested and all combustion equipment looked over, cleaned and adjusted as necessary to ensure that it is safe and efficient.
Having your HVAC professional give your system a thorough inspection before the heating season begins is the best insurance against problems that might leave you without heat on a cold winter night. Contact the experts at Paschal Heat, Air & Geothermal to schedule your furnace tune-up or for any other home-comfort needs. We’ve been serving homeowners in the northwest Arkansas area for more than 40 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Northwest Arkansas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about scheduling a furnace tuneup and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock