It may be February, but it is not too early to start thinking about getting your air conditioner ready for the hot NW Arkansas spring and summer. Once April starts to heat up, you may be itching to start cooling your home. With average summer temperatures of 90 degrees and higher, you depend on your air conditioner to be ready when you need it.
Why is Preventive Maintenance Important?
If you do not have an existing service contract, consider the cost of a preventive maintenance service as an investment for your system. This service will get your unit ready for the hot months ahead. It will also help identify any repairs or adjustments that should be made before putting your AC into use for the season. Your air conditioner will run more efficiently, and that will help keep your cooling costs lower.
What is Involved with a Preventive Maintenance Service?
Upon arriving for your service call, a trained heating and cooling technician will:
- Inspect the outside unit for any damage that may have occurred over the winter
- Remove debris that may be inside the outside cabinet
- Straighten any bent fins within the condenser
- Inspect the drain hose and pan for clogs, leaks, rust and signs of mold
- Measure refrigerant and recharge if low
- Inspect electrical contacts and wires for signs of fraying, scorching or looseness
- Clean, lubricate and inspect all moving parts
- Replace air filter
- Recommend any needed repairs or adjustments
Beat the rush before the temperatures rise. Now is a good time to schedule your annual air conditioning service for your home with Paschal Heat & AC.