Your HVAC system is made up of several hard-working appliances. From the furnace to the air conditioning unit, these devices often work overtime during the middle of winter and the high point of summer. With the amount of work each system puts in, there are occasional problems from time to time. Now, with an annual inspection from an HVAC professional like Paschal Air, Plumbing & Electric, you can avoid most of these common problems. However, here are five of the most common HVAC problems you may run into if you don’t get your annual inspection.
- AC Having Trouble Maintaining a Temperature – You know when there’s something a bit off with your AC. You have it set at a specific temperature, and when it starts to flutter above it, the house suddenly feels far too warm and uncomfortable. You check the thermostat and yup; it’s four or five degrees hotter than it should be. When this happens, there may be a refrigerant leak. There are a handful of problems that can cause this, ranging from a blockage to even a frozen coil. It’s difficult to self-diagnose, so you’ll want to bring in a Paschal professional to inspect the system.
- Dirty Air Filters – Air Filters that aren’t changed are by far one of the most common issues you’ll run into, and actually, it is one you can correct on your own. You should be replacing your air filters no later than once every three months, but if you suffer from allergies, smoke inside, or have pets, you should bump this up to every one or two months. When air filters become clogged, it reduces air flow. Increasing the difficulty for the furnace and AC to pump clean air through the house continually. By swapping out the air filters, you’ll reduce energy consumption and improve the efficiency of your HVAC system.
- AC Blows Only Warm Air – If you’re only feeling warm air coming out of the vents while the AC is running, there are a handful of potential culprits. First, there might be a refrigerant leak (mentioned above). Or, there might be an issue with the compressor or the evaporator coil. Whatever the cause is, the right amount of refrigerant is not treating the air, and you’re left with warm air coming through the vents. You will need to contact a professional to come out and inspect your system. Chances are if it isn’t a blockage issue, replacement for part of the AC unit will be needed.
- You Hear Loud Noises – Do you hear a metallic squeak, or a grinding sound whenever the AC or furnace kicks on? This means belts and other elements of your HVAC system are starting to wear out. Eventually, you will likely run into these issues as it is a sign of normal wear and tear. However, you shouldn’t let it continue this way, as it will lead to additional damage, so have a Paschal professional come out and service your system.
- Dirty System – One of the main reasons you’re not feeling the warm or cold air in your home is because the system is dirty. From gunk built up in the ducts to blocked vents, these are all culprits behind your system not working as effectively.
Now’s The Time To Act
These are just five of the most common HVAC system problems you may run into when owning your own. Whenever you experience such an issue, or if you’re having other problems with your system, make sure to call the team at Paschal. From annual inspections to full HVAC upgrades, Paschal Air, Plumbing & Electric is just a phone call away.
We love helping you with your HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical problems, big and small. For more tips and tricks for your home, follow us.
Submit an Email